Sunday, December 2, 2012

Surrealistic Panel - Update

Been working on my surrealistic panel.  We began painting last Thursday during our studio class and it's definitely been challenging so far.  I painted a bit more this evening and plan to finish it up during my six hours this coming Thursday.

While I still feel strongly about my concept, I am hoping my execution is up to par.  Painting is definitely a challenge for me -- especially since the criteria excludes blending.  We are to show depth and volume with striations of grays.  Still, I feel like I'm coming along and Heather showed me some important ways to improve my brushwork and manipulate the paint better.  Hopefully I can utilize these tips this coming week!

Below you can view my painting process with the original line art above it.  I'm a bit farther than what's shown but you get the general gist!



1 comment:

  1. I think your painting is coming along great! It will definitely turn out looking fabulous, girl. :)

    ReplyDelete